Welcome to something a bit different to what I usually post! Now, I don’t know about you but I sometimes love doing things on a budget, even when I have money to spare! It’s just fun to save money – you with me? It’s okay […]
Sometimes holidaying abroad can be stressful. We rush around trying to see ALL the sights and often forget to enjoy ourselves. I’m certainly guilty of it. Inn Travel, who call themselves ‘the slow holiday people’ have the perfect selection of journeys to help you slow […]
From luxurious hotels on the sea front to all-inclusive family-friendly resorts, here’s my pick of the four places i’d recommend.
Where to stay
1. Royal Palms Hotels (from £231 p/n)
Location – Hamilton
(Sorry for this photo – it’s one off my own phone! Wasn’t planning this blog post at the time!)
This family-owned boutique hotel is situated 5 minutes walk away from Front Street (where all the action happens – shops, bars etc). I stayed at the Royal Palms when in Bermuda and absolutely loved it. The staff are amazing; very helpful! Another cool thing is every evening they host a wine hour where you can help yourself to glasses of wine and nibbles FOR FREE!
- Free wine and nibbles every evening for an hour
- Not far from the main street of Bermuda
- Well-known Ascots restaurant is on the premises, serving fancy food. Perfect for a romantic date night!
2. Elbow Beach Beachfront Resort (from £270 p/n)
Location – Paget Parish
Credit: Ben Zibble @ http://bit.ly/OJZNiI
There’s a quote on the website from Mark Twain that reads ‘You go to heaven if want to, I’d rather stay right here in Bermuda’. I think that sums the island and this hotel up perfectly. Imagine walking out of the stunning colonial-style entrance onto the half-mile-long private pink sand beach, and then when the sun is too hot, relaxing in the library lounge, dreaming about your next adventure, or being pampered in the luxurious spa. That’s what you get to do here. It’s perfectly dreamy.
- Luxurious spa with private suites
- Four amazing restaurants to choose from
- Concierge service on hand to arrange activities (snorkelling, diving..) and make reservations for dining
3. Fairmont Southhampton (From £170 p/n)
Location – Southhampton Parish
Credit: dmitri_66 @ http://bit.ly/1jNlqZo
Think marbled flooring with concierge awaiting as you enter; guests pottering around on the vast green golf course and ladies teetering off to enjoy the luxurious spa. I visited this hotel when in Bermuda and it is BIG. The entrance ceilings are so high, you start to feel a little lost. That won’t put you off though as even though the price is high, this hotel offers the following:
- 18-hole championship par-3 golf course
- Resort sits on the ocean front
- Willow Stream Spa open all-year-round
4. Grotto Beach Resort and Spa (from £170 p/n)
Location – Hamilton Parish
Credit: Kate Hooper @ http://bit.ly/1dGcPd3
An all-inclusive resort where you can explore the natural caves which some describe as a purely spiritual experience, especially if you visit the cave spa. As well as a bit of primitive exploration, you can also dive with Dive Bermuda at the resort. Dive Bermuda are extremely professional with PADI 5-star instructors (that means they’re VERY good at what they do!) Don’t worry if you’re a beginner as there’s something for everyone.
- Historic grottos and caves to explore
- A kids camp is available in July-August
- All-inclusive includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes there are theme night buffets! (Beware that there is a supplement pay for the all-inclusiveness)
I would usually like to include a ‘budget’ section here but Bermuda doesn’t really do cheap!
Which one is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!
*All prices depend on date of arrival/time of year. I’ve based my prices on the months of March – April 2018.
LET’S CARRY ON THE CONVERSATION!
Let’s catch up over on my social media accounts (in the top, left of this post). Go over and follow me and we can chat about what adventures you’ve got planned! Why not subscribe to this blog to never miss a post? It would make me a very happy bunny!
New York, the place where dreams are discovered. Also the place that I’m guessing most parents avoid, what with the manic taxi honking, pedestrians walking left, right and centre, and then choice overload on places to visit. From doing my research, I’ve discovered that perhaps […]